- This event has passed.
Living Well with Chronic Pain (Virtual: Tuesdays 5:30PM-8:00PM)
June 14 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until July 5, 2022
Are you ready to put life back into your days?
Chronic pain can be difficult to live with. If you or someone you care for are experiencing chronic pain, this workshop can help!
In this workshop, you will learn ways to manage symptoms and meet health goals. Create a weekly action plan to help you meet your goals so that you can do the things in life YOU want to do!
Gain the confidence and real-life skills needed for living a full, active and fulfilling life with chronic pain.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Discover problem-solving strategies to deal with fatigue, pain, frustration, isolation and poor sleep
- Uncover physical activities for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, endurance
- Learn how to pace activity and when to rest
- Discover the importance of good nutrition in pain management
- Improve communication with your family, friends and health professionals
- Understand appropriate use of medications and how to evaluate new treatments
- Benefit from the support and encouragement from others also living with chronic pain
This workshop is a weekly series of six (6) dates, held consecutively. This is an interactive online workshop where each 2½ hour session builds on the previous week and full participation in the 6 weeks is highly encouraged. This workshop is co-lead by Leaders trained in the evidence-based Stanford Chronic Pain Self-Management Program model.
Workshop dates are as follows:
- May 31, 2022
- June 7, 2022
- June 14, 2022
- June 21, 2022
- June 28, 2022
- July 5, 2022
This is a virtual course conducted via ZOOM. A device with a camera and microphone is required to participate in the program. An appropriate device could be a tablet, desktop computer with a webcam, laptop or smartphone. Smartphones, however, are not recommended as you won’t be able to get the highest quality experience. Technical support is available.
Pre-Registration is required as space is limited. Registration will close Monday, May 30, 2022 at Noon. Once your registration is received and confirmed by our Coordinator, you will receive a link that will give you access to the program.
This workshop is open to N.H. residents only at this time.
This workshop is funded by a SAMHSA Rural Opioid Technical Assistant grant (H79TI083274) awarded to UNH Cooperative Extension.